So during the day, if you are lucky enough to find one ... it will be holed up in their spot something like this.
I can assure you, that while it looks like that eye is closed.... he knows exactly where I am and what I'm doing.
The best way to find an octopus' den is to look for a hole or crevice that has a lot of broken shells, littering the ground in front of it.
That's where he cracks open his prey to eat them.... before backing into the safety of his den.
And as a rule.... they are lousy housekeepers.
The octopus inhabits many diverse regions of the ocean.... coral reefs, pelagic waters and the ocean floor.
They have numerous strategies for defending themselves.... the expulsion of ink, the use of camouflage, the ability to jet quickly through water and their ability to hide.
There are around 300 species of octopus.
All octopi are venomous.... but only one the "Blue Ringed Octopus is know to be deadly to humans.
I see no blue rings here.... whew!

No comments:
Post a Comment