Saturday, November 19, 2011

Best of Mike #72

I think I may have mentioned in previous posts, that on the last day of every trip we don't dive.

Always a good idea to get the excess nitrogen out of your body at a nice natural pace.

Processing the nitrogen out of your body too rapidly is what they call the "bends".

And going to altitude in an airplane, before you are completely "off-gassed" would be one way to get those very painful bends.

In Cozumel, part of our "day off" tradition has always been a trip to the windward side of the island.

I think there are dive providers who will take you to that side of the island. But once you are out from behind the island, you get the waves and the rolling, bouncing action that is so common to the ocean.

I am quite prone to motion sickness.... and barfing in your regulator, while doable, is just never fun.

So, we make that trip by car or moped.

We make our first stop at the corner where the road turns....  and enjoy a beer in the thatched roof bar.

And then, maybe even make a second stop for lunch farther along the coast.

That's it for Cozumel, for this trip. Next stop ... Cayman Brac.

No comments:

Post a Comment