Saturday, October 22, 2011

Best of Mike #64

I have really zoomed in on this little guy, so let me first give you some perspective ..... he is about the size of a small green pea.

He hovers like a helicopter but is quite nervous, so the movement is much more darting ..... like a firefly.

We are pretty sure that he is some juvenile stage of one of the Trunkfish.

But in all honesty, we are not 100% sure because the coloring is wrong. Normally, the body is black with yellow spots but as you can see that is not the case here.

I even went so far as to send a pixture to the guys who write the fish identification book that I like to use but I didn't get an answer.

So barring evidence to the contrary, I am calling him a Juvenille Spotted Trunkfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment