Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Best of Mike #84

We're back from our annual scuba trip.... this year the destination was Cozumel, Mexico.

We traveled with our friends Pat and Rick Dutton and had a marvelous time.

The diving was wonderful and the pixtures are good. But none of them are of things that you won't see if I continue with the Best of Mike series in order.... well except for this one.

On the last dive of the last day of the trip, we were visited by an Eagle Ray.

They are such magnificently graceful creatures and this one favored us with three passes.

Our group of 14 divers was spread out along the reef when he made his first visit.... with Linda and I were swimming near the back of the group.

He came in close to have a good look at us and actually swam straight at Linda before dipping at the last minute to swim under her.

There was a coral head that was between he and I and he chose a route that would take him around the other side.

I was swimming like a fiend, hoping to put myself in a good position for a pixture.... when he came around the other side of that coral head.

I made it, but he had risen in the water column by the time I got there. So, my picture is from a lower angle that I would have planned.

But I think pretty dramatic all the same.... and easily the best shot I have ever gotten of an Eagle Ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment